Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tricks and Treats at Dorney Park


We live super close to an amusement park, Dorney Park, and it held a trick or treating event for kids twelve and under for our township. It was suppose to be yesterday, but due to rain it was postponed to today. We have not been to the park yet, so it was a nice treat to go but...

...it was SUPER cold. I guess I'm not in California anymore.

Anyway, when we entered the park, some monsters were waiting there to greet us. Ella did ok until she turned around, saw the monsters, and then started to cry. She calmed down once we left. We walked from booth to booth being greeting by friendly faces and candy!

One trick happened to us. While I was trying to get a picture of Jonathan, his friend, Snoopy and his gang, Charlie Brown got right in front of Jonathan making it impossible to take a picture. I had to walk around before I could see Jonathan. After the picture was taken Jonathan walked up to Charlie and told him what happened.

After that silliness we continued to make the rounds of trick or treating until we were done. Ryan dropped by right as we finished so we walked around one more time so he could see the park. Did I mention it was cold?

It was a nice event. Next time I'll bring gloves. My hands were so cold it was hard for me to hold my keys to open the car door and close Ella's stroller. That's ok. It made me realize Fall is here.