Monday, October 6, 2008

The Awe of Christmas

Seems early to talk about Christmas, but the stores already have decorations out. In some stores the Halloween stuff is almost completely gone. Sad. I just hope Thanksgiving is not forgotten because right now it's my favorite holiday. Anyway, I'm off topic, so let's get back to the story.

I was running errands today and went into Lowe's to look at paint colors. The store already has a lot of Christmas decorations... big blow up ones on the very top shelf. Ella saw them and turned her head upward to get a better look. So I took the time to name the different ones to her. She seemed interested. Christmas is pretty exciting with all the lighted decorations and such. It made me excited because she's old enough to have a clue something special is going on. As we looked at the huge inflatable snowman I realized this year we would be making a REAL one... literally...very cool! We also have a slope behind our place that looks good for sledding and of course snow boarding in the "mountains" for the boys. They're talking about me going up with them... some times to take pictures and other times about me actually snow boarding.

Lots of fun things to look forward to. But truthfully, I love what's happening right now. It's almost Jonathan's birthday and we are all excited about that! So look out for future posts about his b-day! Just to get a glimpse, I was going to post a baby pic, but there's already one on the blog, so here's a pic of him when 2 or 3 years old at Disneyland. I guess we were too lenient about Jonathan driving the car.