I love making lunches for Jonathan and being able to stand at the bus stop, wave goodbye and blow him kisses and hugs. I love the fact that he still blows kisses back and does not feel embarrassed. I love that Ella looks for Jonathan on the bus and also waves goodbye and gives him kisses. Then when he comes home from school, the first thing out of Ella's mouth is hug because she wants a hug from her big brother.
I love tucking my kids into bed at night. For Ella, we say a prayer together and she says Amy instead of Amen. How sweet it is when giving Jonathan hugs and kisses that he just has to sigh because he is so happy to be with his family. Then I pull the cover up and we just have to hug each other one more time before I slip out of the room.
It's exciting to watch my kids grow. It's wonderful I can be a part of their lives and help them know what truly makes people happy... having a family that loves them.
Kids grow up so fast. The reality of it hits me when I look at Jonathan. He is almost six! It seems like yesterday he was a baby who would not stop jumping up and down on my lap at church. Now I can barely pick him up because he's getting taller and heavier. I just love my kids and being able to be their mommy.
Enough said. Good night...
...one more thing. The picture is of Ella eating breakfast this morning. She asked to wear one of her new hats. I though it looked cute with the pjs.