Saturday, October 4, 2008

General Conference

I love General Conference at home. With two kids, it's a little easier to listen to conference in the confines of our home. Since we are now on the east coast, conference starts at 12pm and the second session is at 4pm...super late but still worth it. Watching it puts into perspective what life is truely about and what I need to do to be a better person, wife and mom.

Jonathan is getting better at listening to conference. Six months ago a friend e-mailed me a packet for kids to complete during conference to help them focus on the talks. He did ok with it last conference. I dug it out for today and he was interested for a while. He had to find out which apostle from the quorum of the 12 apostles talked, color in their tie and the packet had a place where he could add notes about the talks. There were also some cross word puzzles and word searches. It's amazing how much growth he has gone through in 6 months. Of course when Jonathan gets excited, he gets loud so he wasn't as quiet as I would have liked, but more into watching conference. During the 2 hour break I found a web site that has a new packet for this conference! It also has other resources for LDS related stuff so if anyone is interested just click on the title of this entry and it will take you there. Enjoy!