Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween!




It seems like the whole week has been Halloween, but today is the official day. Jonathan had some extra treats at school. All the kids were able to change into their costumes and had a parade for the parents. It is a treat because the school I worked at did not allow this. Jonathan then had a little Halloween party and got some treats.

After school we hung out for a little bit, ate dinner and then the kids changed into their costumes. Out here Halloween is a little different. Each township has a specific day the kids go out.

Our township celebrates on Friday which caused a little confusion. At first is was on Halloween, then they said it would be the week before (CRAZY) and finally enough people complained that they put it back on Halloween. Also, kids can only go from 6-8pm. You don't get kids knocking at the door super late. I must say it's nice to live in a safe area and actually go out in our own neighborhood, somthing we did not do the last 3 years.

We saw a few kids gathering 15 minutes before just waiting for 6 o'clock. We were a little early as well, so I took some pictures of the kids. While out there, Ella kept taking a ghost light out of its post. She then said, "I broke it." A little mumbled but we knew exactly what she said. It was her first sentence:)

Past, past years (like when we lived in the Bay area) we had a poor showing of kids at the door and were stuck with a lot of candy. This year we had the biggest turn out. I had to run out to get more candy.

Our kids had fun going out. Ella stayed out about 20 minutes. She loved walking around and got some compliments about her cuteness. The boys took her home and then continued for a half an hour longer. Ryan didn't feel the need to stay out longer. Jonathan already had a decent amount of candy. Jonathan then stayed home and passed out candy, which he seemed to like more than eating the candy. He was very excited when people came to the door and anxiously waited for more to come.

Ella LOVED the candy. She has a sweet tooth... I wonder who she got that from? I gave her one Milkyway. She ate it and then said more... more. So I let her have one more and then she begged again but I had to tell her they were all gone. She didn't fall asleep quickly due to a sugar rush. We let Jonathan eat a bit of candy as well. Right now he is reading to Daddy the two Halloween books he got from his teacher. It was a nice night.

It's weird to think that Halloween is done here but is just starting in California. Have fun family! We're thinking about ya!