Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Poop!

Literally. OK, this post is not for those who have a faint heart or stomach. During Ella's 2nd nap time, she she didn't fall asleep for that long , but she was quiet so I left her in there... big mistake. While vacuuming the house, as I passed by her door it smelled kind of funny so I went in. There was poop smeared everywhere around her crib. Ella, with a bare bottom, was covered with poop... but her diaper was clean. When I first came in I looked at the sheet because it looked like she threw up, so then I quickly looked at her, but it was poop, not throw up. I felt relieved because when my kids throw up I always worry they aspirated it, which could cause problems.

So I had to think how to clean up the mess. I took Ella into the bathroom and cleaned her up. I had to scrub her hard to get everything off. Then she went into Jonathan's room to play while I dealt with the rest of it. Their rooms are right next to each other and there is a vent inbetween them so I could hear the kids while I cleaned. I then took off the sheet and her favorite blankets, smeared with poop. It looked like fingerpainting. If she was an artist, I think I would have made a few thousand for that piece of art. Anyway, sheets away, I began to wipe down the crib, mattress, wall, and yes, she some how flung some on the window curtain... yuck. The smell was a bit overwhelming, but it started to go away once the cleaning smell kicked in. When the smell cleared, I began to think this was rather funny.

You would think that was the end of the story, but no, I had another poop encounter today. Jak Jak decided to misbehave while we were at Target... we went there after I cleaned Ella up. So, when I came home, in the basement was a smelly poop/pee gift waiting for me to clean up. At first, I was worried because it looked like he had a worm in his poop... when examining it closer I discovered it was Jonathan's toy sticky hand. Remember the toys that were in the shape of a hand and then had a long stretchy plastic part. You could hold it in you hand, do a throwing motion and watch the hand stick to the wall. Anyway, Jak Jak ate it... he will eat just about anything. His mess was hard to clean up because he peed on one of our boxes filled with books. So I had to go through the box and make sure the books were ok. Then proceed to cleaning the floor. Meanwhile Ella was crying hysterically awaiting her beloved blanket still being dried. Yikes, A very messy evening.

I usually add a picture... I thought about taking one, but I just wanted to get Ella cleaned up, so no pic. I'm sure you're not sorry about that.