Saturday, July 5, 2008
Knoebels
Our adventure this week was going to Knoebels, Pennsylvania's Hometown Park. It is about 1 hour and 45 minutes away from us. It is an "old school" theme park. Most of the rides are small, but fun. You do not pay for parking or any admission fees. You only pay for each ride, which ranged from 70 cents to $2.00 per person. We decided to go here because it was listed as the best theme park for food. Yes, we are like Jak Jak, very motivated by food.
As you can see from the slide show we had lots of fun. A lot of the rides were small, but good for kids Jonathan's age because he could go on them alone.( I would say kids as little as three maybe even two had a good choice of rides to go on... and they were not scary.) Jonathan enjoyed the independence.
We did switch off going on rides with him. I only went on the Flume, which is a log ride. We got very wet, but it was refreshing because the day was rather hot. Later in the day, Ryan went on the same ride with Jonathan and there is a place where you can pay 25 cents to get the Flume riders wet. Of course I had to try it and boy was it worth the money. A gentleman also wanted in on the action, so he put in a quarter right after me to try to get them super soaked. This man was previously soaking random riders just to see their reaction. It was fun to watch. Ha ha ha!!
Jonathan went on the Phoenix Roller Coaster with Ryan. It scared Jonanthan because at times it would lift him off his seat. His shoe fell off during the ride and Ryan had to step on it so it would not fall out. Jonathan said he will not go on it again... his opinion might change in a few years.
As for the food, it was good. They make an ice cream treat that is sandwiched between two waffles. Ryan became so addicted to them that he went back for a second.. and yes, even a third! We also tried alligator nuggets, like chicken nuggets, but made with alligator. They were a bit dry, but tasted good with ketchup. They also had macaroni bites, which are bite- sized portions of macaroni and cheese wrapped in bread crumbs and fried. Jonathan liked them so much I was unable to try one.. so sorry, I can't tell you what they taste like. Ella liked it. After a taste she shoved the rest of it in her mouth. I had the crab cakes, which were very tasty... and they had very delicious french fries, do I dare say they are the best I've tasted.
So family and friends, if this is a place you might want to go, come out and visit and we will take ya!


