Lately Ella has been more interactive with Jak Jak. For those of you who don't know, we have a black lab, that weighs over 100 lbs named Jak Jak. Anyway, she will go up to him, give him hugs and kisses, but also at times will hit him and step on him. ( I am training her what are nice things to do and what things she should not do because it is mean.) Jak Jak is enourmous, nice, and craves affection so he doesn't seem to mind anything Ella dishes out. But, there has been a few instances where he is trying to figure out where he ranks in our "pack" and wonders if he is still at the bottom. So, I have been watching him carefully and letting him know she is higher.
Ella likes to feed him, and the thing Jak Jak loves the most is food. In the morning she helps me feed Jak Jak. I have her in one arm, the food in the other, and then we drop the food in his bowl. It's funny because Ella figured out how to open the dog food container and will pick out the dog treats. At first she tried eating them. I tried to tell her they were for the dog. I think the taste of them is what really stopped her from continuing to eat them. So then she gave them to Jak Jak. If I don't watch her super carefully, she will end up giving him a few treats. She also likes to feed him her snacks. (see picture) She will eat a couple gold fish and then give Jak Jak some. He just sits right next to her patiently waiting for the next treat. I must admit it is rather entertaining to watch the two play together.