Our 4th of July started out rainy, but turned into fabulous. During the day, we made cookies, which became rather messy with two small kids. At one point both kids were snagging the dough instead of making cookies. Hey, I can't complain. I did it as a kid and still do it. Once Ella found out how tasty it was, she decided eating it was better. Then we moved on to frosting the cookies. I gave Ella one to see what she would do Well, when I turned around for a second she stuck the whole cookie in her mouth. So, she wasn't into frosting. To keep her occupied while Jonathan and I frosted, I gave her a spoon with a little frosting and sprinkles. She really liked that. So, all of us had fun making... and eating cookies.
Ryan worked until 7pm, so shortly after he came home we went to a friend's house to light fireworks, They are legal here. It was a nice evening. Before the fireworks, Jonathan ran around with some other kids catching fireflies, but in PA they are called lightening bugs. Then, the kids all sat on a bench and watched the fireworks. Seeing how much fun Jonathan had reconfirmed that this would be a safer place for him and he could live in an area where he could just enjoy being a kid.
What was Ella doing during all of this, trying to sleep but the fireworks kept waking her up.
It was a great day to celebrate our nation's b-day.