Friday, August 1, 2008

We found a pool!!!




I have been looking for a place to swim since Jonathan ended his lessons. I want him to practice what he learned so he doesn't forget because he will be starting lessons again August 11th.

I know a couple of people who have pools in their complexes, but you have to pay per visit... that could add up quickly. On Thursday, we were invited to a pool, which is free from 9-11 am. So we went, had fun, and went again today. Jonathan was amazing. He floated on his stomach all by himself and even practiced swimming. He also went diving for his torpedos and did not complain once about water getting on his face, Whoooo hoooooo!

Later in the day we went to a friend's house to swim. That's right... swimming again! It was intimidating for Jonathan because the water was deeper, but after having a little time out of the pool and then putting his life vest on, he was back in the water. We stayed out there for two and a half hours!

Towards the end, while Jonathan swam around, a couple of ladies chatted with Ella. She would say hi and blow them kisses, which tickeled them pink. Most of the people in the complex are seniors, so seeing little kids is some what rare. While Jonathan tested out the deep end, a man came over and befriended him. He showed Jonathan how to blow water out of a noodle... which now that I think about it, Papa taught Jonathan that last summer. Jonathan had enough force to blow out the water and get people wet, which was entertaining. He wanted to stay longer, but Ella was done, I had my share of sunburn, so it was time to pack up and go home.