Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Busy day

So many things happened today that I am still deciding if I should make a monsterous post and talk about all of it, or just mention the highlights.

We started off the day by getting some professionally taken pictures of our family. This is the first time for Ella, so it was fun to watch the photographer make her smile. We did get a good shot of the kids together and also purchased a picture of Ella alone. Jonathan will be taking school pictures soon so we will get his individual picture then.

Speaking of school, Jonathan received a letter from his teacher today. It was to welcome him to her class and it also told him to follow the monkeys with bananas to find her classroom. The letter included some monkey stickers... very thoughtful... very cute. I was wondering how the smaller kids found their class, seeing that they take the bus. The letter answered my question and made me feel more comfortable about Jonathan taking the bus the first day of school.

After Ella's nap, we met a friend and her kids at the zoo. Ryan shortly joined us after his meeting. Even though there are a lot of interesting animals to look at, the kids favorite part is still the play area. Ella is addicted to going down slides. When done looking at the animals we took a different exit and saw beautiful scenery and buffalos. There was even a part of the road that went through a stream and over a covered bridge. I can't get enough of the landscape.

I then proceeded to follow Ryan to their fishing spot. Unfortunatley, I could not stay long, but the boys did and were able to get some fishing in. Jonathan is quite the caster and caught more fish than Ryan.

They then met a man who is restoring the inside of a caboose, which is next to the parking area. The man was kind and gave them a little history/tour about the caboose.

Ryan found out the man is in the Airforce and some other people were coming to shoot off model rockets. So Jonathan got extra treats... staying up later and watching rockets.

What were the girls doing. Well, I put Ella to bed, but twenty minutes ago she started to cry. I went in to comfort her...cuddled her a bit and every few seconds she would pull away, look at my face and smile, then go back to cuddling. One of the times I gave her multiple kisses on her cheek. She then made multiple kissy noises back at me. Moments like that just melt my heart. So I cuddled her a little more, kissed her good-night and put her to bed. She then replied, "yay" so she was ready to go back to bed. However, she is not yet asleep... still talking and playing a little.

I guess this ended up being a monsterous post. Oh well.