Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday!



So Ryan came home today around 1:30pm and we quickly had cake and presents so he could sleep. Last night was the busiest on-call night he has had so far. Even though we saw him for about 10 minutes on his b-day, he said it was a good day because he saved the lives of two people.

The quick celebraton was nice. I wanted to put all 33 candles on the cake to see what it would look like. It generated a bit of heat while walking it to the table. Ryan was able to blow all the candles out in one breath... boy did our place fill up with smoke. He, he, he. Everyone liked the cake, but I forgot to buy icecream... I always forget something. Ryan enjoyed opening the presents and Jonathan is itching to take them out of the boxes, so he can play with them. Ryan let him open the small Lego Star Wars and Jonathan is currently trying to put it together while Daddy and Ella take a nap.

Thanks family for sending the presents. It was very thoughtful of you.