Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lehigh Valley Hospital Fair







We have been trying to go to the fair, but the rain has kept us away. This morning, the sky was blue and beautiful, so today was the day! We could not stay long because Ryan is on call tonight and needs a nap before he goes in.

The fair was a typical fair... games, food and rides. We all found something special. Jonathan won some prizes playing the games. He went fishing for sharks! Good thing they were plastic. Ella tried some of Jonathan's watermelon smoothie and loved it. She kept asking for more... it was a nice treat and cooled her off. I found our Christmas ornamemt for this year.There was a booth that had handmade clay ornaments, which I love and always look for. We had it personalized, so all out names are on it. Then Ryan was able to taper his waffle icecream addiction. We are finding out those things are pretty popular in this area.

Jonathan also enjoyed the rides. Seeing him ride them made me think of the first time he rode alone... I think he was 2, maybe 3 years old. We went to San Diego where they had a boardwalk with some small rides. His first ride was on a small boat that went around in circles. I was so scared because I thought he would try to climb out. Silly me, he was fine... I'm just a panicky mom. We sure are blessed to be able to go to these places and just enjoy being with each other.