Today I decided to venture out to the local zoo with the kids. The time I went was questionable because I knew Ella might have a meltdown, but I risked it, and yes, she did throw a fit... but more on that later.
The zoo is small, but there was a bit to do . We were there for three hours and didn't do everything. First we saw some animals and then found the play area. Jonathan could have stayed there the whole day. He found some other kids and played with them for awhile. Ella found the slide and tried to go up it, but her shoes kept falling off. Finally she made it to the top, which I followed her, and then she raced to go down the slide. Luckily there was another mom at the bottom who offered to catch Ella at the bottom. That girl has no fear.

After playing, we went to a barn that housed some goats. We went inside, but the kids did not want to pet them. So, we walked out and fed them instead. Well, Ella ate the first food pellet, but then as she watched Jonathan feed the goats, she started to feed them. I still had to keep a good eye on her because there was another instance where she tried to eat a second pellet. Jonathan and Ella both enjoyed feeding the goats. A giggle escaped Ella's mouth while she watched the goat's toungue try to pick up the pellets through the fence. Some of the goats would stand on the fence to be fed more food, which Jonathan enjoyed watching.


After the goats, we went around the rest of the zoo. This is when Ella had her fit. While looking at the kangaroos, Ella kept trying to go past the fence, which was only a rope. So while I dealt with Ella I told Jonathan to take some pictures. That is where the kangaroo and Emu pictures came from.


The fit lasted about 10-15 minutes with her screaming and me trying to figure out what she wanted. She was trying to get the Cheetos that fell on the ground and I put in the stroller. She was hungry and frustrated at me, but finally calmed down. While eating some clean Cheetos, we walked to the eating area and sat down a while to munch on snacks.
Since Ella was calm again, we decided to go back and see some animals we missed earlier. Then we went to the play area, where we found a section in the back where kids could dig for bones. After that, I was done, along with Ella, so we went home.


The zoo is small, but there was a bit to do . We were there for three hours and didn't do everything. First we saw some animals and then found the play area. Jonathan could have stayed there the whole day. He found some other kids and played with them for awhile. Ella found the slide and tried to go up it, but her shoes kept falling off. Finally she made it to the top, which I followed her, and then she raced to go down the slide. Luckily there was another mom at the bottom who offered to catch Ella at the bottom. That girl has no fear.
After playing, we went to a barn that housed some goats. We went inside, but the kids did not want to pet them. So, we walked out and fed them instead. Well, Ella ate the first food pellet, but then as she watched Jonathan feed the goats, she started to feed them. I still had to keep a good eye on her because there was another instance where she tried to eat a second pellet. Jonathan and Ella both enjoyed feeding the goats. A giggle escaped Ella's mouth while she watched the goat's toungue try to pick up the pellets through the fence. Some of the goats would stand on the fence to be fed more food, which Jonathan enjoyed watching.
After the goats, we went around the rest of the zoo. This is when Ella had her fit. While looking at the kangaroos, Ella kept trying to go past the fence, which was only a rope. So while I dealt with Ella I told Jonathan to take some pictures. That is where the kangaroo and Emu pictures came from.
The fit lasted about 10-15 minutes with her screaming and me trying to figure out what she wanted. She was trying to get the Cheetos that fell on the ground and I put in the stroller. She was hungry and frustrated at me, but finally calmed down. While eating some clean Cheetos, we walked to the eating area and sat down a while to munch on snacks.
Since Ella was calm again, we decided to go back and see some animals we missed earlier. Then we went to the play area, where we found a section in the back where kids could dig for bones. After that, I was done, along with Ella, so we went home.