Wow, it has been awhile. On Thursday, or was it Wednesday, we had a scare with Jakjak. He was not acting like himself at all during the evening. He just sat and stared at the walls and didn't move much. The kicker was he did not finish his food and didn't follow us around and eat the table scraps... very abnormal. In the evening he didn't want to go to the bathroom alone. Ryan had to walk out with him and Jakjak was very hesitant to go down the stairs.
The next morning started off the same way but he improved a little. When I put the food out Jakjak didn't eat it or drink the water. Later I put it in front of him and tapped the bowl. He looked down, sniffed around and began eating the food. He only took about 4 laps of water. He still didn't move that much and I noticed he would lay down differently. He normally would curl up but now he was laying straight. At least he was able to take naps during the day, which he was not doing the previous day. Ryan got Jakjak to drink the water by holding it in front of him so he did not have to bend down.
Today, Saturday, he seems like his normal self... following me around and trying to get any type of food that is out. Yesterday I made an appointment with the vet for Monday. We still want to get him checked out to make sure he truly is OK. I have been keeping him in our family and personal prayers and am grateful he has gotten better. Our house would not feel the same without him.