Monday, January 12, 2009

catch up

I am a week behind so I guess should do a quick catch up.

Last Tuesday the Huntington family left and a thick fog of sadness loomed over our household. However, last night we figured out how to communicate through Skype and now we can talk and see them free. We have used it with family as well today and had a fun day seeing most of them.

School was cancelled on Wednesday so we had a lazy day at home.

Thursday and Friday are a blur.

Saturday was errands day. In the morning we had snow fall off and on. I ventured out with the kids later in the day to get groceries and for Jonathan to use the gift card he received from Sean and Jenn.

When we left the roads were clear, but after leaving the grocery store, they were fully covered in snow. So I piled the kids into the car and then proceeded to dust the snow off my car. As I did this, snow was falling. By the time I was done and got into the car my head was covered with snowflakes. I made a comment about them and began shaking them out of my hair. Jonathan then told me, "Mommy you don't have to take the snow flakes out of your hair...you look beautiful with them in."

Jonathan says the sweetest things at times but what he did on Sunday was so nice. After church I got the kids in the car and Ella was having a melt down and kept asking for a hug. I asked Jonathan to help her out. He then reached over and gave her a hug and tried holding her while in his seat. He told her everything was OK. That it was not the end of the world. He then told her he would wipe the tears from her eyes away. The miracle worker calmed the beast down and the ride home became a peaceful one, which made me one happy mom.