When Jonathan came down this morning he told me this bizarre story how he thought Jack Jack ate carrots in his room and they were all over his bed so he had to sleep cramped up on a hard place in his bed. After getting Ella her breakfast I went upstairs to investigate. Jonathan had thrown up sometime during the night and it was all over his pillow, blankets and floor. It looked like it had been there for awhile and I was shocked I did not hear him during the night. Anyway, he insisted it was the dog so when I went downstairs to throw the blankets in the washer I told Ryan what happened. He then went upstairs to have a talk with Jonathan. I truly think Jonathan was so tired when it happened he wasn't sure how the mess got there. Any who I ended up cleaning everything up.
So church was a no today for the kids. Ryan thought Jonathan was OK, that the episode was from Jonathan coughing, which he has done in his sleep for the past week, and the cough turned into a gag which turned into him throwing up... BUT Jonathan had some issues with the other end as well so no church. Ella also now has a cough and runny nose so I didn't want her to go either. I try to not take my kids to church when they are sick... it's not fair to all the other families who are healthy.
Jonathan was feeling better in the evening but luckily no school tomorrow so he has one more day to rest.
Total side note but on Friday I was thinking about taking the kids to Washington DC on Monday in celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King's life/birthday. I thought it would be cool for Jonathan to see the spot where Dr. King stood and gave one of his inspiring speeches and we could see some of our nation's other historical sites. I mentioned the idea to Ryan and he was quick to remind me it would be packed due to all the festivities going on for our new president. Good thought, wrong timing. Maybe next year. Dr. King was a great man who was not afraid to fight for all people to have the freedom to pursue a life of opportunity and happiness. I'm grateful for him and all the other people who are not afraid to stand up, speak openly and take action when people are not being treated with dignity and respect.