Tuesday, January 27, 2009

crazy day

My original plan was to just post these pictures...




and see what happened. After my doctor's appointment and talking to Ryan, well, I think he was too excited so we ended up calling our parents, which is a good idea because I'm still not sure how often my parents check our blog.

I must say the minute I saw the little fetus pop up on the screen everything became real. I wasn't quite comforted until I heard the heartbeat even though the fetus was moving around like mad. Another Ella-like child??? Oh, I'm not sure I'll be prepared for that!

Speaking of Ella, I think she'll enjoy the baby because when she sees other people's babies she has to get a closer look and somehow help out by giving the baby a bottle or pacifier. At times she even hugs the baby so hopefully she'll do great.

Jonathan is excited and couldn't believe I was pregnant. Ryan broke the news to him in a cute way. He first showed Jonathan an ultrasound picture on the web and asked him what was in the picture. After studying it for a while he said it was a baby. Then Ryan took out my ultrasound pic and Ryan told Jonathan this was a picture of Mommy's uterus... near her tummy. Jonathan paused for a moment and then he just looked and me and said Mommy's having a baby. He walked over and gave me a hug. Very cute moment.

He hopes for a boy and told me if it is a girl he'll put the two together in a locked room. Hummm I'd better keep an eye on him.

Anyway, now I don't have to suffer/hide the morning sickness, nauseating smells and such I have been going through the past 2 months. For me it has been getting worse with each pregnancy and I would always say I could handle it as long as I didn't throw up but unfortunately with this pregnancy I could not escape it. Luckily it has only happened once.

Speaking of throw up, Ryan felt fine yesterday until he started to leave for work. THEN at work he started throwing up numerous times. If anyone has ever heard Ryan puke it sounds loud and painful and you wonder if you'll see an organ come up with the other stuff. So he called the house for us to come and pick him up since he was in no condition to see patients or drive home. By the time I got there he was hooked up to an IV resting in a room. We ended up leaving an hour later. They had just put a new bag of fluids on and we had to wait for it to drain. So we took Ryan home and he didn't sleep much due to the ...well, you know what.

He is doing better today but did not go into work. He is still very tired and can only stand for 5-10 minutes until he has to sit down. If you have seen a doctor work in the ER you know they don't sit much, just continually moving around and Ryan is still in no condition for that. Hopefully he'll be better tomorrow.

So in between those two events Jonathan and I decided to make a donut run with Ella. Out here Dunkin' Donuts are very popular. To be extra silly we decided to wear PJ's when buying them. So after Ella's long nap, which was torture for Jonathan to wait through especially since he came home early, we left the house in search of donuts. They were building a place super close to us but it has not opened yet so we went on an adventure to find another one. Any who we found the donuts and they are rather tasty. Too bad Ryan can't have any yet.

OK quick side note. The PJ idea happened on Sunday. After church, which is later in the day for us, I changed into my PJs and told Jonathan he might want to change into his. He asked me why and I replied, "to relax baby!" and then proceeded to do a silly dance. He thought that was funny and then the idea came about with donuts and PJs. Now at random times he will look at me and say, "relax baby." I guess it's our new inside joke.

So, it was a busy day mixed with sickness, silliness and just pure joy.