Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Niagara Falls

Our trip was to see two sites, Niagara Falls and the Sacred Grove. On the way up we stayed in Canada to see the falls. At first I was a bit hesitant to go this time of year but found out this is the best time to see the falls. The mist from the falls freezes and creates this magical wintery scene on the trees and whatever else is nearby. I was definaltey not disappointed with what I saw. We wanted to get the full experience, so we saw the falls a few different ways.
First, we saw them from the car on the way to our hotel. At that point I was not that impressed.

The next day we took a ferris wheel ride to get a high view of the falls. The kids were quiet and enjoyed the scenery. We were enclosed in a heated cab which made the trip warm and cozy.


Later that night we drove past the falls which were lighted making them look pretty at night. While getting into the car, a fireworks display was going on which was fun to see. I bet it was even more spectacular up close.


The last day there, my b-day, we went early in the morning to get a closer view and it was beautiful. The ice surrounding trees, the fence, even light posts was fascinating and I had to take some more pictures.







Lastly, for the super close experience...well, the picture says it all. Don't worry, the kids are fine.