Thursday, September 11, 2008

Errands

Today Ella and I ventured out to get some errands done. I decided to drop by the pet store to get Jak Jak a toy and some treats... he's been a little neglected lately. While there, I decided to linger and show Ella all the different animals. First we looked at the cats, which she called dogs. Then we went over to the birds and for the first time said, "bird"... very exciting. Later on she also said, "turtle". I was so tempted to buy one, but didn't... after thinking about it I realized I would be the one cleaning up after it so no to the turtle. We did look and it was very cute.

Towards the end, Ella began to yell out, "fries....fries...fries" so we stopped to get some and she was content. I have to listen more carefully now because she is trying to communicate with us. In one store we were looking at the baby stuff and she replied, "baby doll" and then when she saw a toy dog said, "dog". If you can't tell from previous posts, I am a bit excited about how her vocabulary is coming along... fun,fun,fun!

PS- I know it's a bit cheesy, but I take my small camera with me in my purse, just in case something happens. I was so excited about Ella talking that I had to whip out the camera and take a picture. I bet the people at the store thought I was crazy, but oh well, I'm a proud parent.