Anyway, back to the story. Ella is a healthy, normal baby. This time I actually asked them to give me her measurements so I can add them to her baby book. Her height is 32 1/2", weight 22.3lbs (precise weight is 10.5 I think kilograms) and head circumferance 18". Don't know the percentiles, they didn't tell me any.
What I found interesting was as the doctor asked the developmental/ health questions, he was also giving me a test to see if she has autism. I would not have known this if he didn't point it out... but she passed as a normal baby so I'm happy.
After the doctor left and we were waiting for the nurse to come in for the shots, Ella went to the door and said "Momma, bye bye". Yes, she wanted to leave but I told her we had to wait a little longer. She was given two shots, 2nd dose of Hep A and a flu shot. She cried and yelled out momma but quickly subsided a few minutes later. While getting her clothes back on she ripped off one of the bandaides. I guess she didn't want them on her legs.
As a side note, I have this theory that kids get scared because of the paper they put on the exam tables. I think when the kid sits on it and the paper makes that crinkly noise, the memory gets locked in their brain because a sound is associated. When Jonathan was a baby/ toddler as soon as he was put on the paper, he began to sqirm and want to leave. At Ella's visit today, she didn't go directly on the paper. They have a plastic roll out length measureing thing, kind of like the ones you see for shoes. So when Ella was placed on it, no paper noise and she just looked around wondering what was going on. She was only put on the paper when it was shot time, where she was preoccupied with the sudden pain. So my theory might be a good one.