Every night Jonathan will read between 5 -20 minutes. His teacher has a contest where the student who reads the most days will get a prize. It is a goal of Jonathan's to be that student. So far we have not missed a day.
So... to the real story. A couple nights ago he was reading and didn't want to stop. We told him it was time for bed, placed the book flat on the last page he read so he could continue it tomorrow, kissed him goodnight and then left. A little later I went in to check on him, I still like to make sure he is ok when sleeping. What I found was Jonathan sitting up in his bed, wearing his hard hat that has an attached light, reading a book. He told me he couldn't stop reading, he wanted to finish the story. Well, I took the hat away, said goodnight, and went back downstairs.
The sneaky boy got out of bed, sat next to his night light and continued reading. He kept his finger on the last page we read together to remember where we stoppped, so when he finished the book he could put it back the way I left it. I wasn't aware he did that until the next night when we were picking a book to read. He had read all three chapter books the previous night. I asked him what one of the books was about and he began to tell me the whole story while Ryan flipped through the book to see if the stories matched. They did. He then proceeded to tell me the sneaky events that occured last night. I still don't know if I should be upset because he was disodediant or excited because he enjoys reading.