Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Off

Sometimes I have days where I am off my game. You know, can't seem to do anything right. Well today was one of those days.

I started the day with the normal routine... making Jonathan's lunch, getting the kids up, making breakfast, feeding the dog, etc. Well, I forgot one important thing, to actually put Jonathan's lunch in his backpack. You would think I would see it sitting their nicely on the counter top in plain view, but no I didn't. So there it stayed unitl Jonathan told me his lunch was missing after I picked him up at the bus stop.

Jonathan even called, but I was not home, trying to get ahead in my Christmas shopping. Luckily the school had pity on him and let him eat a free lunch. So his first "bought" lunch was due to no packed lunch. What did the boy get, cereal. Needless to say, when we got home I put money in his lunch box so we can pay the school back, along with a note apologizing for any inconvenience it caused. Oh well, it just shows Jonathan moms are not perfect. I said sorrry to him at least 10 times.

So the day does not end there. I also nearly burnt the house down by overcooking some dinner rolls because I forgot they were in the oven. As I was giving Ella her bath I smelled them burning... couldn't leave Ella in the bath but had to get to the rolls so I picked her up and ran downstairs. Luckily the rolls were not on fire so I just turned the oven off and went back upstairs so Ella could finish her bath. The good part was I forgot to initially get a cup to help me wash her hair, so when I ran downstairs I was able to get a few. They kept her somewhat content while I scrubbed her down.

With all the offness I was able to get some things done like sewing part of Ella's new curtains, cleaning, wrapping and packaging some Christmas gifts. So it all wasn't bad, but I still feel horrible about Jonathan's lunch. Oh, well tomorrow is another day.


PS- I needed to get a b-day present at Toys R Us and Ella was thrilled to walk around the store. I usually strap her in the cart, so it was a treat. She pulled out some toys that interested her which helped me pick out one of her Christmas presents. Shh, don't tell her.

It was VERY cute when she grabbed the grocery cart and started walking next to daddy. Ryan commented how he HAD to go into the pink section where all the girlie girl toys are located. First time! Secretly you know he was thrilled because he now has his little girl and gets to see the look of sheer joy on her face as she takes in the massive volume of wonderful toys to look at and is dying to play with. If I could read his thoughts I knew he wished he could buy all the toys for her but does not because mommy would kill him so he represses the temptation and just walks happily down the aisle with her. Hopefully he won't go back and buy them... don't do it Ryan, I know you're thinking about it as you are reading this (with a sly smile on your face), but I will get you! Afterall, I know where you live. Anyway...

...Luckily I keep a camera in my purse and snapped a picture. Love those Kodak moments.