I know kids are observant by watching Jonathan grow up but Ella is really starting to catch on to our daily activities.
Even though she runs around like a mad woman, I was surprised when she grabbed my oven mitt and went over to the oven to open it up. NOT a good idea since the oven was still hot from something I just cooked, but observant.
This morning I was on the computer and when Ella saw it on had to come over. I let her press the keys for a while but then she started opening things which didn’t appear right so I quickly shut the computer off. This usually gets her disinterested but not today. She just reached and pushed the on button, little booger.
As a side note, it does have advantages. Yesterday I told her to get her jacket and she walked over to the hook and tried taking it off. She can also get her shoes and put one on by herself, which pleasantly surprised Ryan. She knows where to put them back but for some reason hands them to me and says, "Here Mommy."
Something super cute was when Jonathan came home from school yesterday I let him sit on the floor using a pillow. (He was initially sitting on his backpack.) Ella saw it and tried to sit next to him but kept rolling off the pillow. I gave her a different pillow and she then sat contently on it for a few minutes next to Jonathan on his pillow. Not so cute… the screaming matches. First Jonathan screams, then Ella, some laughter, and then more screaming. As long as I’m feeling ok, it’s tolerable and a bit humorous.