Sunday, October 30, 2011

TRunk or Treat & Jack o Lanterns

Last Tuesday was our ward Trunk or Treat. The girls had a theme this year: Audrey was a bee, Leia a flower and Ella the butterfly.





Jonathan approached me saying he wanted to be Link from the Legend of Zelda. All I had to work from was a picture off a comic book. I wasn't sure if I would even get the outfit sewn on time but surprisingly I finished early. The enjoyable part for me was making the boots. It was fun to watch him transform into Link and once in the full outfit, I could tell he felt like Link... and off he went into the imaginary world Link is from... where ever that is.

However, I did warn him that most people would think he was Robin Hood.





The girls had a blast hanging out with their friends and getting candy. The cutest moment for me was when Leia's friend was trying to get her attention and said something like, "Come here ya little flower." It was adorable.

On Thursday we made Jack o Lanterns. The last couple of years it has been just me and the kids. For some reason the pumpkins don't last long once carved so we made them the night before "Halloween".

Leia's original pumpkin fell and then started to rot. This was her back up. I found the smallest spoon we had so she could try and scoop out the seeds. As I carved the face she just watched and then began to giggle once I was done. I put in some glow bracelets and wah la... her own Jack o Lantern. She brought it over to her candy bucket which she began calling the mommy Jack o Lantern and the small pumpkin became the baby. Soooo cute.



I kind of left Jonathan to himself since I was helping two little girls. He did good until when he needed to clean out the pumpkin. At that point I was carving Ella's pumpkin. He just stopped, starting commenting about how hard it was to clean all the seeds out and then began shooting the breeze with Ella. The twit was waiting for me to finish carving and once I was done asked me to finish hollowing out HIS pumpkin. Fortunately it only took me a few minutes BUT he did know to wait and ask instead if asking while I was in the middle of doing something else.

Leia with her pumpkin.


Ella wanted a Vampire Hello Kitty carved into her pumpkin. Luckily I found a template online which made it a lot easier. I also had Hello Kitty as a witch but that was carved the next day while the kids were eating dinner.


Posted by Picasa
Jonathan with his masterpiece... the sword of Link.