
On October 13th Audrey turned 4 months old. Nothing much has changed except she now flashes Ella the whole face smile. Babies have the best smiles. Audrey also rolled from her stomach to back, but that has only happened a handful of times.
Length-25-1/2"
Weight 13bs. 13-1/2 oz.
Head Circ. 15-3/4"
Her check up was a few days later and I scheduled hers back to back with Jonathan's 9 year well check up. I also had the other 2 kids because they were getting the flu shot. Ryan was on call that day so I was alone with 4 kids knowing that the doctor's visit was going to be .... interesting... involving some screaming and crying .
Their doctor is awesome and made everything run a lot smoother than I anticipated. Like Jonathan was able to get part of his physical in another room so the girly girls did not have to see him in his gown. That the staff occupied Ella and Leia outside of the room while the other two got shots so they would not freak out. Then took Audrey out so I could hold Leia while she got her shot. Amazing people.
Ella still had a freak out moment when she saw Leia get her shot and then asked if she was getting one too. I said yes, she slowly crept towards the door while I quickly soothed Leia and set her down on the chair so I could quickly catch Ella right as she began her momentum to bolt out of the room. Luckily she did not get far but began screaming as an assistant and I held her arms down so she would be still enough to get the shot. Then the crying began but subsided by the time we went out to pay for the visit. I keep telling the kids it only really hurts for a few seconds and when they actually hear me say that through the cries and quiet down a moment to really judge how much pain they are in, usually the crying stops.
Sigh. Just something else I will miss. Not the crying, but the level of great medical care out here.