On Saturday, October 29th
I thought I would wake up to snow, but no, it was not there. I only saw some rain. The weather report was wrong. Ha! Well, the "ha" was on me because 2 hours later it began to snow, and snow AND snow. It snowed constantly for almost the whole day... once it started. I was waiting for it to die down before taking the kids out but it never did and it was beginning to get dark out. I made a deal with myself. If I could fit into my snow pants, I would take them. I actually fit into them, barely, so off I was, sweating in my snow gear while trying to get 4 kids in theirs. It was a work out and eventually we got out the door with only one kid in mismatched gloves.
When everyone was almost fitted, Ella mentioned she wanted to try out her snowboard. Yes, daddy bought her one, but that is another story. Her excitement got Ryan off his bum so everyone went out... in 6 or 8 inches of snow.... which comes up rather high on a 2 year old and made it very difficult for her to walk around, for kids to go sledding and for Ella to go down the "hill" on her board. We still had fun but after awhile the 2 youngest Southworths had some issues and break downs were happening so I went inside with them while everyone else stayed out.
Audrey's first snow suit was a little too big... he, he ,he.
Can you tell Leia is excited to play in the snow... joy is overloading this little girl.
Awww, that's a better fit for Audrey.
Ryan patiently making sure Ella's gear is on right. He was one proud papa. In case you were wondering, her board has unicorns and a rainbow on it. Whoever designed it knew what four year old girls love.
Not the best video but at least I captured her first snowboarding experience. We officially have 2 kids counting down until the season begins... and one daddy.
I must admit it was really weird to see the first snow in October BEFORE "Halloween". Strange. Not to mention the wet snow broke many branches and a good amount of our friends were powerless for a few days. Luckily we never lost power, but the beautiful weeping willow behind out house list a good sized branch. Boy did it make a loud noise when it came down. That's when I realized I should tell the kids to stay away from the trees.