
Audrey was blessed back in the beginning of September. After her eventful beginning upon this earth, we decided to wait 12 weeks before bringing her to church. Her blessing took place the first Sunday in September. Ryan's dad and Lynnie were able to fly out here and be a part of it. Audrey is the only child of ours that was not blessed in the ward Ryan grew up in. Because of that fact, things this time around did not feel as rushed and I was able to take some before pictures of her, something I was not able to do with the other kids. I wish we had some after photos as well with everyone in them, but those did not happen. Oh,well.
The dress Audrey has on is the same one the other girls were dressed in on their blessing days. I love this dress and all the girls looked so cute in it. I grew up catholic and while looking for a dress, all the white ones I saw reminded me of a catholic baptism and since I wasn't catholic anymore they didn't jive with me but when I saw this light pink dress with white crocheted details, I knew it was the one. Little did I know it would be used for three baby blessings.
No matter what is said during the blessing I always get a little teary eyed. (I also get nervous because I hope the baby is well behaved so the blessing can be heard.) I was able to hear the blessing and it was wonderful. I did become concerned because it mentioned she would have challenges but then after thinking about it, I came to the conclusion everyone on this earth goes through challenges. It's part of why we are here... we must experience bitter to know the sweet. I'm just her mamma and wish the best for her... praying that her life is a joyful one.
Audrey is normally pretty content but not so much during the blessing. She was super tired. I ended up taking her out later. We escaped to the mother's lounge. She did not want to be fed, but just be somewhere quiet and rest for a little bit.
Even though Loren was the only male family member there to stand in the circle for her blessing, I was amazed at the amount of priesthood members that walked up to be part of the circle. It made me once again realize there are some truly great people in our ward. We could not have made it through the first few weeks without the support, love and service they gave to our little family.
Actually, I don't think I can say little anymore since we a now a family of 6!!!