I can't believe this is our last year out here in PA. As we go through this year at the back of my mind I keep thinking we won't be doing this next year. I get sad but at the same time excited for what the future holds.
With that said, we went to our usual pumpkin patch place... for the last time. Sniff. Sniff.
A REAL pumpkin patch. Not the grocery store or a stand where they have been shipped in but a REAL farm... that is a tad commercialized. It's great to be supporting our local farms :)
Leia lost it on the tractor hay ride out to the patch but I used Mommy magic to calm her down. She also had a cold so she looks a little out of it in the pictures.
Ella picked out a pumpkin she could not carry. I was not about to carry it around since I already had Audrey to carry. I told Ella she could only pick a pumpkin she could carry. Jonathan had pity on her and helped her out. He kept saying she would keep her pumpkin even if it meant Jonathan could not get one because he was hauling hers around. This pick was the team work it took to get hers home. Side note: every time I say team work I have the Wonder Pets song go through my head.
A fellow pumpkin picker saw me trying to take pics of the family and volunteered to take one of the whole family. Such nice folks out here. Notice how daddy now has Ella's pumpkin and Jonathan is straining a bit to carry his own.
Ride back to the main farm. I LOVE taking hay ride pictures... family looking out the wagon, hair blowing in the wind (it was extremely windy that day) and a beautiful PA sky. Sigh. I will miss these moments...
... then there was poor Audrey. Confined to her car seat. Her only view was of hay. Sorry girly. I completely understand why you looked so bored in this picture.
I took the girls to see the barn animals while Ryan took Jonathan through the haunted house. This was Jonathan's first year going through and surprisingly was not terribly frightened.
As for the barn, Leia was excited to see the cow. The cow nipped at Ella which made her think twice about petting it again. Especially since the cow was a bit drooley.
We moved on to visit the piggies. Ella wanted to run around with them and was disappointed when I told her they could not come out and she could not go in.
Also set up on the farm is a little hay maze for the kiddos. Leia was old enough to go in this year. She had a blast. She went through the maze at least three times. Ella enjoyed it as well. The expression on her face sums it up.
The last thing I took pictures of were the pony rides. Every little girl's dream, right? Ella spent the whole time leaning forward so she could pet the pony. This was Leia's first time and she did really well at sitting and just enjoying the ride.

I left for the car to feed Audrey while the kids went on some rides. Of course we could not leave without Ryan getting his fried Oreo fix. I have a feeling when we move and have some extra money, Ryan will be buying a deep fryer to make Oreo treats of his own... and then will experiment on frying other things.