Monday, August 22, 2011

Leia's 2nd b-day!

Leia turned 2!!


Back on August 5th Leia turned two years old. The day before she had a huge fit, dare I say very similar to a GorElla fit and I just thought to myself that I could not go  a couple of years more dealing with GorElla fits. She had a couple after that a few days later but so far that has been it. Hopefully it was due to teething since two molars are coming in .

Any who, she is now 2! We started out the day with giving her bacon, her favorite meat. Jonathan was very excited to have some for breakfast and thanked Leia many times for liking it so much.

We then headed out to our normal b-day treat, Chuck E Cheese which Leia loves. I just followed the girls around while Jonathan went off and played some games. We had a blast and after all the coins were spent, we headed home for lunch. I had my post prego appointment that day so the 2 older girls were taken to a friends house where they had fun playing until we came back to pick them up. Once we got home, Daddy was waiting for us and shortly after we headed out to pick up some Mac Donalds and then stopped by the mall.



For our kids' 2 year b-day we have the tradition of going to Build a Bear where they can make their own teddy bear. Jonathan loves this tradition and kept reminding Leia days before her birthday she would make her own teddy bear. She kind of had fun and everyone was crowding around her hoping she would love her bear as much as they love theirs. Ryan helped her out while I took pictures.

When it came to computer time, that's where we had a little hang up. Ryan kept asking Leia what she wanted to name her bear and after 5 to 10 minutes passed by I finally reminded him I actually named the kids' bears, even though Jonathan insists he named his bear. I ended up naming Leia's as well.





Once we got home it was time for presents and cake. Leia loved all  her presents and enjoyed eating her Cold Stone creamery cupcakes. I did not make a cake since Ryan's b-day was 2 days later and I had already planned to make his cake.








Happy birthday little Leia. We are so blessed to have you in our family. You  have taught the other kiddos that broccoli is yummy, climbing is fun, and you definitely hold your own when brother or sister try to bug you... oh where ever did you learn that shrilly scream? I am amazed at how well you talk and understand what is being said. You are super smart probably because you are one observant little bugger and copy a lot of what your sibling do. It is a pure joy to tuck you in at night.  I love the moments we share listening to music, watching the rain or whatever else we see out the window and just snuggling while we watch tv or when I read you a story. Life is much sweeter when you are around.
Posted by Picasa