Tuesday, January 19, 2010

holiday

No school on Monday due to Martin Luther King Jr. so we had to figure out what to do. We actually ended up having a great day.

I was finally able to find an inexpensive Bumbo for Leia. I get nervous with her on the floor while the dog and kids walk and play around her. At least the Bumbo keeps her up and in one place. It also makes it easier for her to see the "action" going on.

Shortly after we arrived home I loaded the kids' bikes and scooters into the car and headed out to the church parking lot. We live on a slope which makes it fun to go down but extremely hard for a two year old to ride back up so we went somewhere flatter. The kids had a lot of fun. Both of them are learning to ride bikes so it was a much needed trip. I must admit I don't take them out much but I'm trying to change that... hence today's trip.

Man it was a beautiful day... warm too. You just have to get out those days because not many of them appear during winter.



Leia in her Bumbo. She fits perfectly into it and looks sooo cute.
Ella riding her bike. Her legs are finally long enough where she can pedal on her own... just need to work on endurance and strengthening those legs so she can pedal the tougher spots. She also needs to get the concept of steering down. Riding in small circles is only fun for so long.


Jonathan enjoyed getting out and exercising. We had his first lesson in riding without training wheels but he too nervous for the lesson to do much good. Hopefully by summertime he won't need the trianing wheels.