To bring closure to 2009 I must say something about the last few weeks of December. We really enjoyed the holidays. On Christmas Eve we invited a few people over which made it feel like the Christmas Eves we are use to... lots of people, food, playing and conversation. The kids had a blast playing and I was pleasantly surprised how well all 10 kids got along. After dinner and good byes were said each of us opened up a present and then Ryan read about Jesus' birth. A beautiful ending to a wonderful day.
On Christmas Jonathan woke up first but I stalled him for about an hour so everyone else could get some extra sleep. Ella needs her beauty rest. If woken up too early, things get ugly. Anyway, this year was extra special for two reasons... one being it was Leia's first Christmas and the second reason being Ella now understands the idea of Christmas. Boy was it fun to watch her. The kids loved all their presents and enjoyed playing with them. Leia actually opened a few of her presents. She's a great grabber so I was able to get her hand to latch on the wrapping paper and then moved the present away so she could rip the paper off. Fun, fun fun!
After all the Christmas activities, a few days passed by and then the boys took off for a few days. I decided to do some cleaning so all our decorations were put away, mostly so I could rent a carpet cleaner to do some serious cleaning. Christmas Eve was spent boy less, watching girlie movies and doing laundry. Leia was a bit fussy so she was awake to ring in the new year. I think that's it. Now to 2010!