Monday, January 11, 2010

teeth... yet again

For some reason our kids seem to have teeth issues at the same time. Poor Leia is suffering through a couple baby teeth trying to break through. She was very uncomfortable yesterday. I know the process is rough for babies but now being home 24-7 I see everything the poor girl goes through which makes me more compassionate. She has definitely received many hugs and kisses along with Tylenol and Orajel. I don't give her Baby Orajel unless she's in a lot of pain. She hates the stuff. The minute I put it on she begins to fuss and tries to get rid of it, which she doesn't know how to get rid of it, so I end up with a frustrated baby for about 10 minutes. She still woke up a few times during the night and winced in her sleep. Right now she seems comfortable and is sleeping away... too bad it's when I'm awake with the other kids.

Speaking of other kids, Jonathan is also going through teeth changes. His other front tooth fell out this morning while eating breakfast. He was moving it around and Ryan asked Jonathan how many times he could twist it around. ;) Jonathan lets his teeth run their natural course. He rarely twists or tries to pull them out so, Ryan being Ryan, was being sneaky but it worked. Jonathan's tooth fell out after the second twist. I am sooo glad mostly because I'm tired of Ryan calling Jonathan snaggle tooth. He has more loose teeth so it's not over yet. I still can't believe he's 7!