When I decided to potty train Ella I was hesitant because it was close to my due date and I was concerned she might regress and go back to using a diaper. I thought it was better to try than clean up poop off the floor after Ella would fling her dirty diaper.
It has been almost a month since Leia joined us and the question is, has Ella regressed? Sometime during the first two weeks she became interested in using a diaper again and one day she told us she had to go potty and just stood there and went right in front of us. Not even enough warning to bring her to the potty. I asked her if she wanted to wear diapers and she said yes! She wanted to be like the baby. I bit frustrated the next day she had yet another accident. As we were looking for a clean pair of panties I told her she could not wear the Dora underwear until she went in the potty. She flipped out and ranted about wearing pink Dora panties and from that moment the accidents magically disappeared.
Ella is still interested in being a baby though. She now carries her toy baby bottle around pretending to drink out of it. At times she wants me to hold her and wrap her like a baby. She even pretends to cry like Leia and wants me to comfort her. Yesterday she found Leia's pacifier and spent the majority of the day with it in her mouth. That one concerned me for a couple reasons so when she wasn't looking I snagged it and so far she has not asked for it. I wonder how long this phase will last?