Thursday, July 9, 2009

keeping them busy

Last Sunday Ryan and I woke up feeling sick. He was going through the chills while I was dealing with head cold symptoms. We stayed home to recuperate and the next day I took it easy as well. The kids became restless and I felt bad keeping them home two days in a row so I have been trying to get them out the last few days.

The day started with Jonathan's swim lesson and then we went straight to an activity held by our local library. We went to a few of them last year and Ella did not behave well. I was leery taking her today but wanted to see if she would enjoy it. At first she had a mini fit and I thought here we go again. I took her outside, gave her two options either to sit with the other kids are stay outside. She chose to sit and actually listened to the stories, played the little games and enjoyed making a friendship bracelet. Yay! Jonathan is starting to get a little too old for these things but he did meet two boys and enjoyed talking to them while making a bracelet. He made one for me in the shape of a heart. He told me he made it that shape because he loves me. I better enjoy these sappy moments because they might disappear quickly since he is growing up so fast. In my heart he will always be my little boy.


We took a quick break at home and found a package waiting for us. Thanks Nana!!Unfortunately we had to complete some grocery shopping for a friend so the package had to wait... something to look forward to. While completing our last errand Jonathan kept talking about how he hoped a Bakugan was inside for him. I tried breaking it to him gently that I though some dresses were inside for Ella but you never know. So when he pried the box open he was not disappointed by seeing a lot of frilly, girlie things. Actually, even though the package was for the new baby and Ella, Jonathan wanted to call Nana, let her know we got the package and thank her for it. I was impressed a six year old boy would think about doing that, especially when it was not for him. Just more proof he is growing up, even mentally.

One of the first things I saw was a pretty dress for Ella. Once she saw it she started asking me to take her clothes off so she could put the dress on. As quickly as I got it on she went to the mirror to check herself out. Of course she had to put her shoes on and then decided she wanted her hair down. Luckily I was able to get a picture amongst all the excitement.