Upon arrival, only a group of kids from the YMCA were there along with a camera crew. Great for me because it made it easier keeping track of the kids. Within minutes we loaded into a truck that took us to the cherry trees. In previous posts I mentioned how I forget I am pregnant. Well, I had one of those moments and it did not dawn on me to sit in the front where it was less bumpy. So I sat in the middle, spotting Ella who had a great time bouncing around while the wind blew through her hair.
After the ride we went a pickin'. The kids truthfully had fun. Jonathan went off on his own to search for the perfect cherries while I tagged along with Ella. On the web site it mentioned that everyone could pick cherries, no ladder needed. Sure enough, even Ella was able to find places where no mommy help was needed.
After picking for a little bit, I was informed bathroom trips were needed... the bumpy ride gave all our bladders a good shake. Luckily everyone was able to wait for the ride back.
After the cherries were paid for, the kids went on a huge slide numerous times. A ride Jonathan remembered last year when we came here in the Fall for apple picking.
After all the sliding fun, we went back into the store where the kids picked out a lollipop... Ella keeps asking for one. Unfortunately Jonathan could not resist touching the pops when deciding, one fell, and that became his choice because it broke. We now had a "bad" trip but hey, you break it, you pay for it.
Ella chose a pink lollipop. (Yesterday she informed me pink is her favorite color.) The lollipop was bigger than the ones Ella usually eats so she could only lick it and not stick the whole thing into her mouth. Well, truthfully, the whole thing did fit in her mouth but I felt uneasy letting her eat it that way. It was fun watching her continually lick the pop. In the end, the lollipop won because she only ate about half of it before taking a break and forgetting about it.
Once home, I washed off some cherries and gave a few to the kids. Neither kid liked them. What a shame. I think Ryan and I will be able to eat all of them, especially if I buy some cream or make a cherry pie.