Let's see... Jonathan has been rather interested in tying his shoes. It has been frustrating for him learning this skill, especially since I am right handed and he is a lefty. Mommy has not been the best teacher. However, he has picked it up and announced one morning that he was wearing his Tony Hawk shoes... shoes I bought back in late November but he has hardly worn to school because he could not tie them. Anyway, he ventured out to school in them with no emotional frustrations about the laces coming undone. He wanted to wear them so he could demonstrate he knew how to tie them. He wanted a shoe tying certificate from his teacher. He met his goal because I found the certificate in his backpack yesterday. Way to go Jonathan! Just another milestone out of the way.
Last night the local high school was having an activity for turning off the TV night. We went there for an hour and the kids seemed to enjoy themselves. Jonathan befriended a boy and his Nana. They taught him how to play Yahtzee. Ella made a bookmark, watched two turtles swim around in their tank, made a cookie and did not hesitate in eating it. We were fortunate to see Ryan on the road and beeped at him. So he was able to join us. The poor guy has been working so hard the last three months and I try desperately to give the kids some Daddy time.
I had a baby check up yesterday. They are always boring, which is good for pregnancy...means everything is going as planned. While waiting for the doctor, I checked Ella's weight and height. I did not write them down at her 2 year check up. I also never get percentages from the doctors so I am wondering how other people I know get them. Ryan keeps telling me the percentage doesn't matter. The doctor looks at the growth curve. Anyway, she is about 30 lbs with her clothes on (28lbs only diaper a month ago) and her height is 34" or 2' 10" tall.
Last but not least, I have been "nesting". I realized a few weeks ago I downsized a little too much when we moved and do not have the baby clothes I thought I had... even though I still think there is a box of clothes hiding somewhere in this house. It's OK though because I also realized due to the season's actually changing here, Ella's baby clothes won't work due to being summer items and this baby will only get a taste of summer and then the cooler weather will come quickly.
We started a budget three months ago and I have been trying desperately to stay on it. I have been a lot more concerned about how much things cost and getting more for our money.
Lately I have been looking at Craigslist to find some needed items. This morning I went to a yard sale and found a winter jacket for Ella (trying to think ahead), some baby clothes and clothes for Ella. Most of the clothes were 5 for 1 dollar and Ella's jacket for this coming winter was only 4 dollars... great deal considering it is from babyGap. I walked away only paying $7.00 for everything.
Ella had a great time playing with two other little girls while I sorted through the clothes. She didn't want to leave! I don't blame her. It is a beautiful day out and this house had a swing set and sand box... a little kids dream come true.