Even though the kids went to bed late, they still woke up early in the morning. Unfortunately I stayed up until 2:30 am painting, cooking, baking, cleaning and other preparations for Easter;) I was awake in the morning for the festivities but fizzed out rather quickly.
Anyway, we had a blast. The kids enjoyed the goodies in the Easter baskets and then went outside to find some eggs. It is a tradition of ours to put a piece of paper in in each egg that has a scripture about Jesus inside. When all the eggs are gathered, we sit down together and read the scripturs. This year I made cinnamon rolls so we ate as we read a few but then Ella wasn't acting right. She had some gooey mucus stuff sh was trying to cough up. I asked Ryan to come over and after some docor investigating he found out she had some food, Reese's peanut butter egg, stuck at the back of her throat and could not get it down. So he scraped it out and then she was able to drink some milk to clear the rest away. Hopefully we'll get to the scriptures today.
A little later I got the kids ready for church and Ella looked so cute n her dress. I wish we took a picture. She did some twirls for us that just melted Ryan's heart. Jonathan looked very handsome and is getting better at tying his shoes... he can almost do it completely on his own.
Church was nice and afterwards we drove around a bit because the day was so beautiful. Some of the trees have bloomed and others are beginning to show buds. It definitely felt like spring.
All of us felt extremely tired due to having late nights the last few days so falling asleep was not a problem. It was another great day!
Anyway, we had a blast. The kids enjoyed the goodies in the Easter baskets and then went outside to find some eggs. It is a tradition of ours to put a piece of paper in in each egg that has a scripture about Jesus inside. When all the eggs are gathered, we sit down together and read the scripturs. This year I made cinnamon rolls so we ate as we read a few but then Ella wasn't acting right. She had some gooey mucus stuff sh was trying to cough up. I asked Ryan to come over and after some docor investigating he found out she had some food, Reese's peanut butter egg, stuck at the back of her throat and could not get it down. So he scraped it out and then she was able to drink some milk to clear the rest away. Hopefully we'll get to the scriptures today.
A little later I got the kids ready for church and Ella looked so cute n her dress. I wish we took a picture. She did some twirls for us that just melted Ryan's heart. Jonathan looked very handsome and is getting better at tying his shoes... he can almost do it completely on his own.
Church was nice and afterwards we drove around a bit because the day was so beautiful. Some of the trees have bloomed and others are beginning to show buds. It definitely felt like spring.
All of us felt extremely tired due to having late nights the last few days so falling asleep was not a problem. It was another great day!
Ella also loves bubbles and was able to blow some. Too bad I could not get her bubble making skills on camera.