Saturday, April 18, 2009

Our Garden







We have had some beautiful weather lately and I cannot help but just get outside to enjoy the sun... finally! Today I had planned that we would plant our garden. I wanted to get an early start so we would not be stuck in hot weather. The kids woke up earlier than usual even though they went to bed late... go figure... but we did get out early.

I let Jonathan choose what we would be planting. He picked watermelons, corn and tomatoes. Watermelon and corn for the kids and tomatoes because he knows I like to eat them.

About a month ago we weeded the area so it was not too hard to get the soil prepared for planting. It was interesting having two little kids help. Ella was more of a nuisance to Jonathan than help but she had fun for awhile. She loves playing in dirt so this is an activity made for her. Jonathan was a hard worker. He prepared the soil, dug the holes and then planted the watermelon and corn seeds. By that time he was hungry and needed a break so we called it a day and ate lunch. Hopefully all of this hard work and the work to come will bless us with some yummy food. We'll find out in about three months.