Tuesday, March 31, 2009

spring is here

Actually going through the four seasons is a bit different here compared to California. I can definately tell a difference between winter and spring. Instead of snow we are getting rain.. although we had some hail mixed with rain on Sunday, along with lightening. Pretty exciting. So we can check off spring showers and yes, the flowers are coming in as well even though it is March, not May. It is finally getting warmer. I am watching the grass thaw out and turn from yellow to green and animals are starting to reappear.

Speaking of animals, last week I thought about the bunny that use to visit our backyard during the summer. Over the weekend we have seen a few sightings but nothing major. Then two days ago Jak Jak started to stiff around something under our outside table. I decided to check it out. It looked like a bunny nest, but no bunny inside. I thought nothing of it until he sniffed around it again this morning and would not leave. Sure enough when I looked inside this time I found 4, maybe five very new looking baby bunnies. Hopefully the mommy will come back and Jak Jak did not permanently scare her away.

I tried taking some pictures but did not want to get too close. Wild bunnies can carry diseases so no touching them. I was able to show Jonathan the nest and baby bunnies before he left for school. He seemed rather excited and wants to take a peek when he gets home.

I guess now's the time to start spring cleaning and all that jazz. I can't wait to pack up the snow boots... even though I still think Ella will try to wear hers during summer.