In celebration of Dr. Seuss' birthday, yes this is a late post, Jonathan's school is doing a read-a-thon. I know times are tough but if anyone wants to help him out, please send a donation. He would be so excited to get donations in the mail. So look under your couch cushions or the bottom of your purse and see what you can scrape up for the boy.
The event started March 2 and is going on until the end of March. Jonathan had a goal to read for 500 minutes so he could earn a gold medal. He has already surpassed his goal and I think he'll read at least 1,000 minutes when it's over. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.
The school has a lot of great events going on this month along with some incentives to keep the kids reading. For example, for every thirty minutes a kid reads he/she can fill out a raffle ticket. The first drawing already happened and I'm excited to report Jonathan won! He entered about 7 tickets and I found out last Thursday he won and received a $5.00 gift card to Barnes and Noble. We cashed it in on Saturday which he chose a Magic Tree House book. He already read it twice.