Saturday, March 21, 2009

We're having a girl!!!

I was fortunate that Ryan could go with me to my 20 week ultrasound appointment. I don't take him being there for granted because his residency program keeps him very busy.

Of course we wanted to know the gender, but I am more concerned with the real reason why they do an ultra sound... to make sure the baby is developing on schedule and nothing seems wrong. So after the measurement were done, which took awhile ...they even measured the baby's ears to rule out down syndrome, we found out we are having a girl. Ryan already knew towards the beginning but didn't tell me. He did say she when referring to the baby before the tech mentioned gender and then the tech said she so I was suspicious we were having a girl. Anyway we are all excited. Jonathan will remain solo in his room and Ella will have a playmate.

After the tech finished the measurements we waited for the doctor. When she came in Ryan asked the procedure of ultrasounds, what they measure and we were there a bit longer but at least Ryan got some studying done at our appointment.

I will scan a picture and post it soon. The office just bought new equipment and seeing the baby on tv was amazing. I could see the heart's four chambers beating away along with great views of our baby's face, legs, feet, etc. The pictures we took home are fabulous as well.

The baby is about the size of a Barbie doll and weighs almost the same as a soda.