I have been pondering when to switch Ella to a bed... but she answered that question yesterday when she broke the crib. She likes to jump in it and since she's almost two, her weight was enough to bend and break one of the supporting metal bars. I tried to straighten it out but was unsuccessful, especially since she decided to jump shortly after my temporary fix. I then thought of duct tape but could not find any. So I prayed she would be OK for the night.
Today I took down her crib and Ryan came home in time to move Jonathan's top bunk over to Ella's room. She was excited to climb into it but trying to get her to take a nap was unsuccessful. I gave up on the nap and hoped for the best when I put her to bed. I rubbed her back to get her sleepy, stayed for a little bit and then snuck out. I thought she was asleep but I was wrong. Luckily she did not cry but turned on her baby music soother and went back to sleep.
I am wondering if nap time is officially over. I will know the answer to that in the next few days.