Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Influences from Dora

Here are two quick stories I know came as a result from Ella watching Dora.

#1: A few days ago Ella was talking to herself while playing with her toys. I listened a little more carefully and heard her say, "dos...waffles... cinco." At first I thought she was rambling on but then realized she was trying to count in Spanish... dos for two, waffles is really cuatro, meaning four and cinco, five.

#2: Last week I took Ella out of the car and began carrying her up to the house. She pointed to the dark sky and replied, "catch stars...catch stars." It took me a few seconds to figure out she was asking if we could catch the stars up in the sky...hey, they can do it in Doraland why not real life. As I reached out to try to grab one I told Ella they were too far away. I could not reach them.