Sunday, October 20, 2013

Jonathan's 11th Birthday

 
Jonathan is all about tradition to we had to make sure the basics were covered. The night before balloons and a birthday note were placed in his room. The actual morning of the big day I made him waffins, which is waffles with bacon cooked inside of them. Then I got to work making cupcakes for a afternoon video game party he was having with some friends.

When party time rolled around, I picked up some pizzas, dropped them off and then headed out with the girls to Peter Piper Pizza so Jonathan could have a sister free party. Unfortunately, I don't think any pics were taken of this party. Jonathan had a lot of fun hanging out with his friends just doing what kids do these days, play video games.

After the party, I cleaned up a little and then began preparations for his family get together. We invited Huntingtons over for dinner. ( I just say Huntingtons because there are a lot of them, I am lazy and do not feel like listing everyone at the moment.) Jonathan requested lasagna so I was pretty busy making that, along with a lime cake, before people came over. It was nice for all the kiddos to see each other again and get into some type of sneakiness... there is always some type of sneakiness. Dinner was later than expected which gave kids more time to play. After dinner I think Jonathan opened his presents and then we had cake. It might have been the other way around. Jonathan seemed to have a great time and spend a lot of it playing, what else, video games with his cousins.

 
I love birthday celebrations for the kiddos and I love how Jonathan appreciates his
 and looks forward to the simple traditions we have in our family. He is such a good kid and I am excited to see what an awesome young man, and then adult he will grow up to be. We love you Jonathan! Always, always remember that.