Saturday, October 19, 2013

Finally!

Ella finally lost her first tooth! I think she was the last First Grader out there to loose it. She had a wiggly bottom one for awhile but it became super wiggly one day this past week at school. During "educational time" a few of her classmates started chanting/ egging her on to pull it out. She wiggled, pulled and that little tooth came out... along with blood. She was sent to the nurse too get fixed up, along with her tooth getting placed in a plastic baggie. I had the honor of being the first family member to see and hear the whole story.

Later in the day, bedtime to be specific, she made this fabulous area on her bed, just for her tooth. I don't think any Tooth Fairy could miss it. She was hoping desperately that the tooth fairy would turn her tooth into a real puppy. I explained to her that I've only heard of the Tooth Fairy taking the tooth and then replacing it with money. Ella still hoped for a puppy. Who can argue with big dreams. Kisses and hugs were exchanged and then Ella went off into dream land with hopes of a puppy still in her head.

Later that night...

at some crazy hour of the morning... one or twoish, Ella came into my room in shear panic. She exclaimed, "Mom... Mom! I think the Tooth Fairy changed Lady into quarters. I can't find her!!!" It took me a few seconds to realize what she was saying but then tried to get her quietly out of the room. so we would not wake up Ryan, and find out what happened to her beloved, stuffed animal dog Lady... who is a member of the family... according to Ella. As we walked upstairs I told her everything was okay, we would find Lady, she was probably just lost somewhere in the bed. Ella explained, "No Mom. I looked everywhere." Once upstairs I turned on her light, lifted her blanket off the bed and lo and behold Ella saw Lady. I actually think I heard a sigh of relief come from her. Ella, not Lady. I then retucked Ella in bed, gave her a kiss goodnight and headed back to my bed. After that emotional roller-coaster, I don't think Ella was able to fall asleep so some other time during the night she ended up in my room.

The next morning rolled around and Ella mentioned nothing about the Tooth Fairy. I think Jonathan finally brought up the subject by asking her what the Tooth Fairy left. Ella responded with," a few quarters, I think four of them." She wasn't excited just matter-of-fact about the whole thing. Then she looks at me, with worry written all over her face and pouts, "I want my tooth back." I told her she needed to write a note about wanting the tooth back, along with all the money, put it in her bed when she goes to sleep and then maybe the Tooth Fairy will return the tooth. Ella never put it all together so I guess she came to terms parting with her tooth. Frankly, I feel sorry for all the Tooth Fairies out there. It seems like the job became a little harder and more demanding, not to mention a return policy being added into the mix.