The kids this year had a hard time deciding what to be for Halloween. I was hoping that I would not have to sew anything since they were cutting it close. I ended up sewing a few things anyway. Boo. Leia was a princess and just used a dress I made for Ella last year for her Fairy Tale night. I did make her a matching crown. Audrey was a cupcake and Ella was a Pokémon trainer. I didn't think much about Ella's costume until I finally looked up the character and realized Ella did not have any of the accessories that actually made her look like a trainer. That is where the sewing came in and I ended up making a purse, vest, hat and wrist bands. Jonathan could not decide on something for the life of him. Actually, he wanted to be a shadow and just wear a morph suit... which I think is the most dangerous thing to go trick or treating in. For his school Halloween party he went as a Ninja. He did not like that costume very much so I ended up making a shirt that said," error 404 not costume found." Eleven is a very hard age to figure out a costume for.
We did the traditional Halloween dinner of Mummy dogs with Mac and Cheese. I was going to do those jello worms but started reading the recipe and realized I should have started towards the beginning of the day. Oh well, maybe next year.
The kiddos ended up going Trick or Treating with most of the Huntingtons. Our little girls only lasted about an hour and then came home. Jonathan stayed out a little longer, say his friend, and went to a few houses with him. The kids then enjoyed passing out candy to who ever ran
g the doorbell. All in all the kids had a lot of fun. The only issue was Audrey did not want to put on her costume, but eventually she turned around and put it on.
Leia as a princess and Jonathan being a protective Ninja. This was taken right before the Halloween party at school.
What Ella's Pokémon Trainer looks like. She was obsessed with the video game and wanted to look like her character in the game.