Sunday, October 20, 2013

Lady turned 1!

Remember in the last post where I mentioned Lady is part of our family? Well a few months before her birthday Ella started planning a party for her. In my mind I wasn't completely sure if we should have one, especially so close to Jonathan's big day.  Ella, however, kept talking about it over and over and over again, not to mention daddy took her out to get gifts and decorations. Deep down in my gut I knew there would be some type of party.

To be honest, I can't remember what day exactly we got Lady. I just know it was before Jonathan's birthday while we were at Disneyland. Since it would be hard to throw a party during the week, we opted for a Saturday and so it became known in our house that Lady's' b-day would be October 4th... which is my mom's b-day. Which I forgot it was her b-day and called my mom on the wrong day because for some reason this year I became really mixed up with when her b-day was. Hopefully now that Lady has the same birthday, there will be no confusion next year.

Anyway, Lady's birthday was super simple. we made a pink cake with an overload of sprinkles on top. The two older girls were in change of decorating the cake. Lady also had a few presents, wrapped by Ella. Just cake and presents. Nothing fancy. Just normal day stuff for a special dog.

Afterwards, I thought it was a little crazy that a kid would want to throw a party for a toy but then I remembered Jonathan. When Mojo turned one, he wanted to celebrate. He wanted to t
 


hrow a party for the teddy bear but we were poor and opted to find him a present with a $5 gift card Build a Bear sent us along with a b-day card for Mojo turning one. I guess b-day are super celebrated over here... we do love cake.