Monday, January 9, 2012

Philly Zoo


This past Saturday was rare in the fact that the weather warmed up to the 50s. Ryan needed a break so he asked me what I had planned for the day. Nothing. I thought you would not be here dude. After some thought I suggested the Philly zoo since it was such a fabulous day.

We left later than planned. I guess I should just expect that in trying to get 4 kids ready for an outing.

Once there we quickly fond out many other people had the same idea because parking was rather crowded but nothing a nice walk could not fix.

It was actually a nice outing. The kids loved being out and seeing all the animals. No meltdowns!!!!!

The girls got super close to a peacock.

Ella was able to see her Uncle Sean.  Honestly, it's Southworth family humor.

Leia and I enjoyed watching the giraffes. Some birds flew by and spooked the giraffes. It was interesting to watch them run and hide.

At the Rhino exhibit Jonathan was explaining one of the rhinos escaped. Yet more Southworth humor.



Of course we had to go here at least once because, after all, it is America's first zoo.Posted by Picasa