I stayed up way too late on Christmas Eve finishing up Audrey's stocking so Christmas morning was a bit harsh for me. Our kids do wake up early but are very good about staying upstairs until they get the OK to come down.
We only buy three gifts for each kid but due to very generous grandparents, uncles and aunts, the kids end up receiving many gifts. They are truly blessed to have so many people that love them.
Leia is singing along to Dora music while daddy listens. I love this photo. She loves the microphone and we have had many moments where a pause of normal activities is taken so we can sing together. Thanks Heather.
The girls received hair accessories from Sister Luke. Leia thinks once you put one on you officially become a doctor. If only it was that easy. At one point I had two on and became doctor doctor mommy. Thanks right daddy, I'm one doctor ahead of you and it only took me 3 seconds compared to your 13 years. What's up with that?
Audrey received this little toy from Santa. She loves it! It is a great teether and she can easily grab it. Nice.
My brother and his lovely wife gave her this hat which she has already used on numerous occasions. She looks so cute in it. I don't think the mittens will be used until it gets super cold because she still loves sucking her thumb.
Ryan's family also sent wonderful gifts. The gifts for the kids from Jenn and Sean made Ryan shed a tear. Many alarms were heard though out the day from Jonathan's Spy gear set Nana and Papa sent him. We all love playing with Alphie the robot which Leia received from my parents and we feasted on delicious candies from Todd and his family. Thank you everyone for all the wonderful presents... so many thoughtful gifts it would take forever to mention all of them. We are thankful for every gift. I am just too lazy to list them all.
This year Christmas fell on a Sunday so we went to church later in the day. I was finally able to get a few decent pictures of Audrey in her Christmas clothes. Ella loved holding her and gave Audrey many kisses.
Happy first Christmas Audrey!!!

To end this Christmas post I just want to mention the best gift I have been given... to still be here. Not a day goes by where I do not think about Audrey's birth and am so grateful both of us are doing well and seem to have no major issues. This Christmas would have been completely different if we were not spared. There have been moments during the holiday season where things got stressful and then I would take a step back and remember how easily I would have died if I was not in the hospital when my placenta detached while going through labor. Gratitude towards a loving Heavenly father then rushes over me and I am put back into a more humble, grateful state. Just being here and being able to look at our little family and enjoy these moments with them is the best gift ever.